Sport premium is a new government initiative, implemented to raise the profile of school sport. Over the next twelve months, we are using this money to develop two key beliefs:
- Mentoring staff for PE and Games delivery, improving confidence and effectiveness of outcomes, as well as utilising and purchasing effective resources
- Improving opportunities for PE and Games, to inspire sport and promote new opportunities, including developing young sports leaders in school
As a school we have received £16,000 Sports Premium funding
How do we plan to spend our money?
- Using specialist sports coaches for professional development opportunities for our teachers, mentoring alongside within lessons.
- Developing after school provision to allow specialist coaches to enhance physical activity with our pupils e.g Tennis and Multi Sports.
- Afterschool dance classes (includind a range of different dance styles from Bollywood to Streetdance) to provide additional exercise in a fun and alternative format.
- Enhance sporting opportunities for pupils – School Trips involving physical activity.
- Lunchtime sports coaching and active games through professional sports coaching.
- Trip to PGL to develop skills in outdoor adventure